June, August and September Information
- Friday, June 26, 2015 is our last day of exams.
- Monday, June 29, 2015 - Progress Reports will be uploaded to SchoolZone. This is the last day our school office is open.
- Monday, August, 24, 2015 - Our office re-opens for 2015-2016 School Year. Administrators are available.
- Friday, September 4, 2015 - Grade 7 Sneak-A-Peek from 10:00a.m. to 11:30a.m. Grade 7 students will meet their homeroom teachers, see their daily timetables, set up their lockers, and tour around to see all their classrooms and teachers.
- Tuesday, September 8, 2015 - First Day of Classes - All grades will have a homeroom orientation and then will run through a shortened day of all their Tuesday classes. Grade 8 and 9 students will find out which homeroom they will be in and their Term 1 timetables on this first day.
- Notice - Current grade 7 and 8 students, please note that homeroom class lists have been shuffled and students may find they are in a different homeroom for next year.
- School Supply list includes: 10 HB pencils; 1 package of pencil crayons; 2 3-holed lined paper packages; 1 3-holed paper package (no lines); 10 dividers for binders; 10 ink pens (blue or black); 3-4 3-ring binders; 1-2 highlighters. Students are encouraged to provide a combination lock for their locker (this can be purchased at the school for $6). Items such as calculators and geometry sets will be a topic for discussion the first few days of school. Teachers will provide further details.
- Notice - Ottewell School welcomes Mr. Allan Henkelman, as an assistant principal to our school next year. We will still have Mr. Ron Thompson, as principal, and Ms. Brenda Mulder, as assistant principal. A key area of responsibility for Mr. Henkelman will include coordinating our supports for Special Needs programs, included students, and IPPs. Welcome to Mr. Henkelman. He is coming to us from La Perle School and his passion and experience will be an asset to Ottewell.
- Thursday, September 17 - Meet the Staff BBQ from 5 to 7 p.m.
- By Friday, September 18, 2015, parents and students will be able to view all the Course Outlines for all their courses.
Ottewell Achievement Results
Ottewell has once again proven to be a top school. Check out the 2013-2014 Year Achievement Results.
Ottewell Daily Schedule 2015-2016
Students and parents, please note that next year’s Daily Schedule will be different than this year. All Edmonton Public Schools were required to add minutes to each day to ensure we are meeting instructional minutes for the school year. Please check out the 2015-2016 Daily Schedule.
Registration for Ottewell
Check out the Registration page of our website for more information about coming to Ottewell.
Congratulations to our Band
Visit the ETS Website for information about bus transportation to and from Ottewell School.
Parking in Front of Ottewell
This is a reminder to parents that the bus drop-off area in front of Ottewell must be left free of cars AT ALL TIMES. If you are dropping off, or picking up your child, you may not stop in the area designated for busses. The safety of our Special Needs students is at risk when this occurs, especially during the winter months. Please know that the EPS have been notified of this situation and may be out ticketing cars. Also, please note that it is unsafe to make U-turns in front of the school. We are concerned for the safety of all our children.
Thank you for your attention to this matter.