Welcome to Ottewell School! This is an exciting time for prospective students and parents as you explore options and choices of junior high schools. Ottewell is an exciting, innovative junior high with a rich tradition of excellence and high standards for all our students. Ottewell School attracts motivated students from over 30 elementary schools who are seeking an academic experience second to none. We are very proud of our school and the variety of programs and extracurricular activities which are open to all students at Ottewell. Our school is focused on excellence in academics, our award-winning Band program, athletics, Mandarin Bilingual program, and the development of high-quality citizens.
Outstanding programs, excellent facilities, and a safe and productive environment await you at Ottewell School. Make your junior high school experience memorable as you participate in a wide variety of teams, clubs, and school events. Strive for excellence while developing the character, citizenship and leadership skills that will give you a distinct advantage in high school and beyond. The highly skilled staff at Ottewell is dedicated to helping each student acquire the knowledge, skills, and attitudes they need to reach their potential. Together we can achieve great success and create a school where excellence is the standard!
I encourage you to visit our school so that you may experience our fantastic programs, meet our outstanding staff and experience the sense of Titan pride and commitment to our positive school culture that is evident in our classrooms and hallways.
We believe in:
- the uniqueness and worth of each individual in our learning community
- the ability of every child to learn
- a team approach to learning: school staff, students, parents and the community
- working together to promote excellence in education
We are commited to:
- providing high-quality teaching
- setting high expectations for student attitudes, behaviour and achievement
- maximizing opportunities for individual growth
- providing and promoting the establishment of strong relationships based on mutual respect, fairness and trust between students and teachers
- providing a welcoming, high-quality learning and working environments
- providing clear expectations for learning
- emphasizing literacy, numeracy, and critical and innovative thinking
- engaging students in learning through a focus on 21st-century literacies across all curriculums
- empowering students to take responsibility for their own learning
Enrol at Ottewell
New to Edmonton Public Schools? Click for registration information
New to the Ottewell Area? Please email or call email@example.com (780) 466-7331 to see if you are eligible to attend Ottewell.
For the 2023 - 2024 school year, Ottewell School is full in planned classes in Grades 8 and 9 in the regular program. We will now only accept resident students in Grades 8 and 9 who have newly moved into the school’s attendance area. A resident student of Edmonton Public Schools has at least one parent or legal guardian living in Edmonton who is not Roman Catholic. Non-resident students can enrol in another Division school with space in planned classes.
Gifted and Talented Program
Is your child a highly motivated learner? If so, our Gifted and Talented Program may be for them! Please visit our Special Education Program page for more information.
2023-2024 Ottewell Viewbook
Want to learn more about Ottewell School? We have created this viewbook to give you insight into what makes Ottewell the school "Where Excellence is the Standard". 2023-2024 Ottewell Viewbook